Updated: Aug 21
3 Onions, medium size, chopped
400 gms Pressed Rice (poha), thick variety
Salt to taste
½ tsp Sugar
5 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
A pinch Asafoetida
6 – 7 Curry leaves
6 – 7 Green chillies, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 Potato, medium size, boiled, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 tsp Lemon juice
½ cup Peanuts or any nuts
2 tbsp Cilantro, fresh leaves, chopped
▪ Wash the poha in a colander. Poha should be moist but not mashed. Add salt and sugar and mix lightly.
▪ Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when they splutter add asafoetida and curry leaves. Sauté for half a minute and add onions and continue to sauté. Add green chillies and mix. Add turmeric powder and peanuts, mix thoroughly.
▪ Sauté for two minutes and add potato and poha. Mix and cook till poha is heated through.
▪ Add lemon juice and mix lightly.
▪ Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.
You can serve with jalebi which is Indore style as well pomegranate pearls.